Friday, August 9, 2013

Cover: Kate Upton on September Edition of Elle magazine, talks about Sexual Harassment & Jesus

Image: Carter Smith for ELLE
Beyonce‘s not the only foxy blonde on our radar this morning: We’ve just got a first look at Kate Upton on the September cover of Elle–and we like what we see. She may not have a drastic haircut to show for herself, but we (ok, I) kind of want to rip out all the pics and stick them on our bedroom wall with thumbtacks none the less.

As is most often the case when she finds herself on a serious fashion magazine,Upton’s curves, draped in the likes of Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, and Louis Vuitton, remain fairly covered up for the duration of the shoot. The interview, however, is much more revealing.
For example: Who knew landing the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue would send a girl into the throes of depression? “After my first Sports Illustrated cover, I felt terrible about myself for a solid month,” Upton tells Elle, hinting that her new found bikini babe status led to some unwanted advances. “Every single guy I met was either married or about to be married, and I felt like I was their bachelor present or something,” she continues. “I’m not a toy, I’m a human. I’m not here to be used. I am a grown woman, and you need to figure your shit out.”
And if you have ever lost sleep wondering why Kate Upton has a tiny tattoo of a cross inside her finger, get ready to rest easy tonight: She wants Jesus to be with her at all times. Particularly on bikini shoots. “I was at a photo shoot and I was wearing a cross necklace that my mom bought me, and somebody made a joke like, ‘Why are you wearing a cross? Like you would be religious.’ And then they took [my necklace] away,” she says. “I was really affected by that. The whole thing made me realize that I do want [a cross] with me, at all times.”
There’s even a behind the scenes video, in which Upton discloses some vital information–like her favorite color. Hint: It’s yellow.
Watch the video below and head over to Elle for the full story.

1 comment:

Dress Elegan said...

Many thanks for the exciting blog posting